SPOKANE, WA Believe In Me is pleased to announce the availability of $388,000 for granting in 2023 to Washington and North Idaho-based nonprofits that serve the youth of our communities, especially the at-risk and underprivileged. Grants will be made available to support significant program and service-related projects. Ongoing indirect and supporting services expenses will not be considered. The Foundation will not be awarding any capital-based grants for 2023.
Submissions will be open on September 1 and close on October 31. Grantees will be notified by December 31 of any awards they receive.
In order for your nonprofit program to be considered for a grant, you must meet the following criteria:?
- Qualify as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization according to the Internal Revenue Service Code
- Serve Washington, North Idaho, and surrounding communities
- Maintain current financial records, providing a copy of the operational budget and a statement of financial position
- Must have a working board of directors, as well as management, governance, and accountability structures in place
- Need to provide a list of board members and their affiliations
The program mission must align with a minimum of one of our Five Pillars of Caring; max one grant request per pillar.
- Transitional Living: Care that provides for the housing and general welfare of youth under the age of 18
- Foster Care and Adoption: Support services that provide for the unique needs of foster families and the children they care for
- Wraparound Services: Programs providing extended services to families such as education, parental training, in-home follow-up, and counseling
- Education: Programs that fuel children’s self-confidence and instill belief in their own success through academics and learning
- Enrichment: Programs that serve the whole child through outdoor immersion, or learning through sports, play, and the arts
All previous award winners must have submitted their final report prior to turning in their application. Failure to submit a final report for 2022 grant awards will disqualify any organization from funding in the 2023 grant cycle.
Check Eligibility and Apply
About Believe In Me
Established in 2006, Believe In Me is dedicated to helping every kid develop the self-confidence they need to succeed. The Board of Directors of Believe In Me is proud to serve our communities by supporting numerous charitable youth nonprofits and activities in Washington and North Idaho. With the generosity of innumerable donors, Believe In Me funds children’s charities that provide marginalized kids with a safe place to call home, a family that loves them, a feeling of community, and opportunities to learn, build self-esteem and have fun.
Julie Wukelic, MBA
Chief Executive Officer
Schedule a meeting: https://calendly.com/julie-wukelic/30min